Monday 27 October 2008

Bit of a buzz

I've just seen the Swing Zone footage that we shot yesterday of Tim, our main man, and Richard Archer of Hard Fi- and I'm totally convinced. It's so the future now. We've all spent years trying to figure out how to swing a club from books and magazines, and frankly none of it has ever made any sense to me at all. I might have well have been looking at an incomprehensible car maintenance manual.

When I say "we", I have to admit I was back in doors getting some work done, and was therefore excused a couple of hours in the driving rain. But watching the results I'm totally there. Just how did we operate before we had access to all this fancy technology? Can't wait to have mine done.

In all honesty I've played crap golf for twenty years without a whisper of real complaint, but now I feel the gates of heaven have truly been opened. I know that sounds like I'm blowing smoke up our own arses, but stay with me. It's only when you've seen your own swing on video that you have any clue about what's really going on.

I used to think that I had something approaching a proper swing until I got 'captured' on the showreel for this caper. A bit of a revelation. My swing had nothing to do with golf at all. I might as well have been tossing a caber. It was humiliating. No wonder all those strange looks when I tipped up for golf events as a card carrying member of a new and grovy golf magazine. Be the brand - my arse.

But now, with my new found shoulder turn, I'm ready to face the world. And I want to capture what I've now got on video so that I can improve even more. I'm so fed up with apologising for myself. I'm going to get done in the next couple of weeks, and then I'll stick it up on our UGC piece - that's User Generated Content for the uninitiated. Check out www.swingzone.com.

I'm ready, willing and almost able.

JohnD

No comments: