Thursday 23 July 2009

Senior Open Time

Tim and I had a full on golf day yesterday - 18 holes at Woking, followed by a trip up to Sunningdale. Woking is pure magic, with some of the best greens I have played on in a long while. My putter was so hot, it was burning up the greens - but I think it was as much to do with the honesty of the greens. You could really trust them.

Then it was onto Sunningdale to meet with Jay Townsend, Show Me The Golf's US correspondent and general golf guru. Jay has one hell of a travel schedule, and I've never met a man with the more airmiles. He's already racked up 249,000 miles this year, and he's only mid way through the season. He's covering the British Senior Masters, before taking off to the Czech Republic, Germany and Swtizerland.

It was great walking round Sunningdale, as there were more major winners and golf legends per sqaure foot than I've ever seen in my life. Oh, there's Craig Stadler. And isn't that Sir Nick practicing his bunker shots. And that was just minute one.

We also managed to meet up Show Me The Golf legend and contributor, Sam Torrance, as he was playing his practice round with Ian Woosnam and Greg Norman.

I'm going to get back for the Saturday's play if I get half a chance. The train station is right by, and for £25 you can see some of the greatest players who have ever trodden the green stuff.


JohnD



No comments: