Monday 11 August 2008

Welsh Wales

Just back from a busman's holiday in Wales - well, an attempt anyway as it chose to rain all week.

Managed to get in a couple of rounds - one at Aberdovy one at Borth. Both great links courses.

Borth is only 5,700 yards, but it is so much fun to play. The second is its hell hole - sea on the left and main road on the right, which cuts right through the course. Lost one to the sea - thought I'd make my slice work for me for once, but it was not to be. Played the first 8 by myself and then was invite to join a group of three members for the rest of the round. Great company. It's one of the things I most love about golf. Meeting quality people who treat you as their guest. I've invited them to check out www.showmethegolf.tv - ok, so it's not the fastest way of building an audience, but you've got to start somewhere!

Had a crack at Aberdovy as well. Played with another visitor, and again had a great time. He was off 13, and a complete golf junkie. Didn't let the side down too badly and gave him a game.

And what's more after both games, everyone was up for a pint. Hats off!

John

No comments: