Friday 19 June 2009

It's a Washout

Well, an inch of rain is going to put a bit of a dampener on things I guess. It sounds like BethPage Black has turned into Long Island’s equivalent of Glastonbury. And looking at the weather forecast, I can only see further delays ahead. So maybe a Monday or a Tuesday finish. My money is on Tuesday – with or without a play off.

We’ve got www.showmethegolf.com’s US correspondent working for us on the ground there. Mr Jay Townsend. Just press here for his take on what's going to occur.

We're really grateful to Jay getting trench foot on our behalf, and he’s backing Tiger – if he continues to hit the ball straight, which is exactly what he was doing at The Memorial. Jay reckons that if he hits 70% of fairways he will win by at a pace. I’m still rooting for Paul Casey, as I think he has the game for the course, and the form.

I was also delighted that Johan Edfors made such a strong start, as we meet up with him recently at the Puma Open, and he’s a totally charming man, who is also a dead ringer for Roger Federer. Tough life! 

Here's hoping for some play today.

No comments: