Thursday 4 September 2008

'Proper' Beta

So the gearing up to go proper beta continues apace. I know that we've already left the door open, so to speak, but that still in my mind doesn't constitute 'proper' beta. I think I'll feel that way when we've got a lot of the initial bugs out of the way and raised our heads properly over the media parapet. It will feel real for sure then, and I'll probably be spending my time glued to Google Analytics watching out for every newcomer to the site, and wanting to welcome them in person over the new threshold. That's what it feels like for someone who grew up in 0.0 and is now swimming around in 2.0 - but loving it. I think I was living in Jamaica when 1.0 happened, but as we only had one line out to the wider world in the whole business, I think I missed it. And that was one line between 500 people. We weren't bleeding edge there, but the weather was a whole lot better as were the mangoes.

Keg

No comments: